Sunday, May 3, 2009

Have I mentioned I have been bored with gaming lately?

I have had the attention span of a gnat when it comes to gaming in 2009. In fact this year has felt like quite the drought in the industry, as far as titles I give a rats ass about are concerned. I have taken the opportunity to get down on some old school gaming, but I can't seem to get in rhythm with anything in particular. The closest I have come to finishing anything is with Pokemon Emerald.

You see, I have never before played any Pokemon games, and for good reason, I'm 30 years old and it just seems wrong. It took 60 hours of playtime for me to come to this realization and I haven't looked back and will probably never play one again.

In the past few months, I have probably played close to 1000 games between NES, SNES, N64, GBA, DS, Genesis, Neo-Geo, TurboGrafx, 360, and PC, no exaggeration. Many of which I have played in my youth, but none recently for more than around 20 minutes. I just can't get into them.

Most recently I was on a Crackdown kick again. That lasted two or three days. I stuck Guitar Hero:WT in last night. That lasted a song and a half. Prince of Persia? I got the DLC and couldn't seem to care after playing for ten minutes.

The only thing that has been even remotely fun is playing online with a buddy of mine. Even so, I can tell he's not that into it. It kinda sucks in that regard though being that he's about the only person I know willing to play something other than Tears of Bore or Gaylo 3.

Oh well, enough bitching, moaning, whining, complaining or whatever you want to call it. I'll try to make a conscious effort to update more often. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the Fallout 3 DLC "The Pitt". Two hours in, game crashed, last save was an hour and a half old, I quit, the end. I leave you with this...





No comments:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us