Friday, May 8, 2009

Strange Beds Are Not Condusive To Sleep

So what better way to get drowsy than stare at a notebook screen and try to come up with something to say. I could rehash the same complaints every Resident Evil hater has made about RE5. I suppose I could bitch about the yellow fret button not working on my Les Paul. I could even talk about a funny article in the newest OXM (June 2009 page 52 if your curious) I just read. But no, I suppose I'll just let you in on what I'm considering playing while I'm at my parents house through Sunday evening. At least what I plan on spending more than five minutes playing anyway. My options are titles for the NES, SNES, N64, GBA, Genesis, and Neo-Geo.

My first instinct is to continue leveling up my Pokemon in Emerald on the GBA. I was infatuated with it when I was up here helping to redo the bathroom a month or so ago, but I haven't touched it since. I'm not so sure that's my best option for distraction. It really just is a JRPG for dummies. I'm not so sure I really feel like grinding out another 20 levels or so just to fight the final four anyway.

Another thought I had was maybe getting down on some serious King of Fighters classics in preparation for the new release this spring/summer. With no Mai in the upcoming title I'm inclined to be disinterested about it when it comes out however. It feels almost like if Capcom had excluded Chun-Li from Street Fighter IV. Not to mention I was thinking I kind of want something with a little more depth to keep me interested for a few days.

A friend of mind suggested Fire Emblem for the GBA. I know nothing about it whatsoever, so I really can't comment. I have it, but I have never touched it. I will try it, but there is no guarantee I will like it.

What about Earthbound for the SNES? I enjoy the occasional JRPG but I wouldn't consider myself a fan of the genre. Fan being short for fanatic and all. I played it for about two hours not too terribly long ago, but it didn't really grab me, and I'm not to sure I want to go back. The only thing I keep thinking is that this is one of the most beloved games in the genre, so what am I missing?

I could go with an old standby and play some Actraiser. While it was one of the finest titles early in the SNES's lifespan, and I loved it, I'm not so sure it still holds up enough to hold my interest for more than twenty or so minutes.

After all this internal debate, perhaps my best option has been staring me in the face the whole time. Maybe I should simply play through The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past for the umpteenth time. Or I could see how fast I can make it through all the Zelda games in order from the original to Majora's Mask, provided I made it that far, in three days.

I'll give Fire Emblem an hour first, then it's on to The Legend of Zelda...

Or maybe Legend of the Mystical Ninja! Hell yeah!

Until I return, ponder this...



Why the hell isn't Mai favorite fighter in King of Fighters XII!?!?

No comments:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us