Monday, May 4, 2009

Top Ten XBLA Games



Everybody likes lists right? There easy to understand so even the most intellectually challenged of you out there can understand it. Though I have no doubt that none of you will agree with it whatsoever. Who cares? It's my list, so deal with it. Or better yet, leave a smart ass comment! Why not? I would. Without further adieu I bring you my top 10 titles on XBLA...

#10 EZMuze House and Break Edition
I'm not trying to start out on the wrong foot here. Really. I know it's a "Community Game", and it's not really a game, but I find it highly addicting and excessively simple to use. If you have ever toyed around with ye olde MTV Music Generator you get the gist. As a fan of music it's very relaxing to make some simple cuts for fun, or just come up with some beats to play around with while I play guitar.

#9 Pac-Man C.E.
I'm old, so I dig Pac-Man. I still have a cart for the worst port ever on Atari. This game takes Pac to a whole new level. It's pretty, the music is actually good, and it's just some good remixed old school fun.

#8 Rez HD
I never got to play this the first time around. I was hesitant at first when it was released, but with all the glowing reviews I wasn't going to miss it this time around. Neither should you.

#7 Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Again, I missed this the first time around. Not for lack of wanting, I owned a Saturn and importing it was a bit out of my price range. Now it's not. If you have ever played a Castlevania game and moderately enjoyed it, get this. This is without a doubt the best in the series.

#6 Soulcalibur
Namco's best fighting franchise in my opinion. Had it on Dreamcast. Have it again, albeit slightly gimped without the adventure mode. No huge loss though, all the artwork and whatnot is there with no need to unlock it.

#5 Puzzle Quest
I like Bejeweled. I also like RPG's. So if you don't mind a little chocolate in your peanut butter, this game is for you. Love it!

#4 Double Dragon
I could probably buy a PS3 with the amount of quarters I have put in DD machines in my life. I can beat the game using strictly elbows without continuing easily. Get my drift?

#3 Pinball FX
Best. Videogame. Pinball. Ever.

#2 Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
A remake of the fighting game that made me fall in love with fighters. It's balanced quite well and I will kick your ass with Chun-Li.

#1 TMNT 1989 Arcade
I played the hell out of this back in sixth grade. I was also pleased to play the really bad NES port back then. Now I have an arcade perfect port that's just as fun as it was in 1989.

So there you have it. My list is complete and I could probably swap a few in and out without feeling bad, but I limited myself to ten and these are what came out at 2am.

No comments:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us